What is it? A segment community web site is a digital selling asset that helps all of your sales channels target and develop customers in your highest value market segments and differentiate your sales experience with advice and education targeted to their specific needs.
Why it makes sense: Adding segment community web site to your marketing mix is important because:
- It is a resource that supports quality sales contact through a mix of channels including service center conversations, outbound prospecting calls, face to face sales conversations and self directed client discovery on your web site and via social media.
- It differentiates your sales experience in the eyes of customers and prospects with thought leadership content and advice that addresses their unique issues and needs.
- It is asset that helps you leverage online channels and social media. Forrester Research views Segment Community Hubs should be the foundation of a social media strategy that is persistent, consistent and scalable.
To create a segment community web site that will develop your top market segment:
1. Map your market research on core customer needs to your communications priorities and your sales objectives to find credible common ground to create a theme for your site.
2. Outline a thought leadership content agenda that blends a compelling mix of content to support the tool, including: relevant segment research, practical advice, client case studies, and tools and solutions your company can help.
3. Create a dedicated web presences that integrates with your sales channels and the broader segment community you seek to develop.